I cannot believe that my little baby is 9 months old! Pretty soon he'll be walking, talking, and running away from me. I hate that. Gavin is so loving and will give "hugs" and "kisses" all day long. I hope he never grows out of it but he probably will so I am enjoying it while I can. We went to the Dr. yesterday and she said he looks great. He's small but growing normally and that's fine with me. I thought he was going to need shots so I gave him some tylenol before we left. When we got there they told me he didn't need any until his 12 month appt. Woops...that's probably why he took such a great afternoon nap though :)
His stats:
Weight: 18.58 lbs. (31%tile)
Height: 27.5 in. (17%tile)
Head: `18.25 in. (86%tile)
Yep, he's small. Sooo much smaller than Brady but he's got a big head like his brother.
Some things about Gavin:
- Loves to play with toys. He could sit there all day long.
- Not crawling yet. Just started to scoot a couple days ago but I think he prefers rolling around anyway.
- No teeth yet! I swear he has been "teething" forever. I wish they would just come through.
- Has decided not to eat baby food anymore so we give him pretty much everything else. His favorites are: mac & cheese, pizza, pb&j sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, eggs, and any fruit or vegetable cut up into small pieces. You'd think he would weigh more, right? This kid loves food. It's kind of nice not to buy baby food anymore but it just means he's growing up too fast.
- Drinks 3-4 bottles a day still.
- Size 4 diaper
- Had Roseola for the first (and hopefully last) time. He had a fever of 104 at times (scary!) and then he broke out in a rash literally all over his body. It was even around his eyes and behind his ears. So, so awful. I hated every single moment of that. Luckily, it only lasted about 3 days.
- Wears all of his 6-9 stuff still and it's getting snug, and most of his 12 month things. It's nice that he is true to size. Brady wasn't so he was wearing 12 month when he was 6 months old and it will be perfect for Gavin this Summer.
- Sleeps 7-7 most nights but has recently been waking up at 6...ugh...there is nothing worse than seeing a 6 on your clock...ok, a 5 would be way worse :)
- Loves to spit and blow bubbles. He will also suck on his lips and make such funny noises. Just so cute.
- Says "mama" over and over all day long. Sometimes he'll throw in a "ga" or "da" but I'm counting "mama" as his first word :)
- Loves Brady. Brady can make him laugh harder than anyone else. It is the cutest thing ever.
- Learned to clap about 3 weeks ago. I've been trying to blog about it ever since. Maybe I'll get to it, maybe.
- Has decided that he hates riding in the car. I think he just hates facing backwards. Sorry bud, not yet.
- Loves to ride in the front of the cart at the grocery store.
- Still has a little bit of red in his hair. I was certain it would all fall out and he would be blonde but he's not. I can't wait to see what color his hair actually ends up. I would love it to be a little red. So cute!
- Takes 2 naps a day ranging anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours. Usually the first one is around 9 and the second is either at 1 or 2 depending on when he woke up from the first. He's a really good sleeper. I don't have much to complain about in that area.
- Still has a little bit of red in his hair. I was certain it would all fall out and he would be blonde but he's not. I can't wait to see what color his hair actually ends up. I would love it to be a little red. So cute!
- Takes 2 naps a day ranging anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours. Usually the first one is around 9 and the second is either at 1 or 2 depending on when he woke up from the first. He's a really good sleeper. I don't have much to complain about in that area.
- So smiley and happy. He loves to flirt and charm everyone around him.
- Looks so sad when he cries. It's so so sad when he cries. It just makes you feel awful.
Gavin brings so much happiness into our family. We have loved watching him grow, learn, and change and can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.
1 comment:
I love seeing such a happy smiling boy! He's making me really baby hungry...... Good thing I've got one coming in a few.. ok, 4 months. I laughed at the 6 on the clock because I've said the same thing so many times. It doesn't even matter if it's 6:57, it's still dreadful.
I love hearing how much he loves Brady. I see the same thing with Jayden and Conner and get really excited and hopeful for Nae and this nugget.
Post a Comment