February 23, 2012

Finger Painting

Brady loves to do anything with his hands. He had an evaluation with an Occupational Therapist this past week to see if he had any kind of sensory disorders. Thankfully, he does not, just some quirks. They gave me a lot of tips to help and finger painting was one of them. Brady explores his world with his hands, he's very tactile, so any way to keep his hands busy and stimulate his senses is a great activity. We have also been playing with popcorn kernels and letting Brady use a scoop to move them back and forth between a couple of tupperware bins. He loved it! I guess I just never realized he was old enough to do all of these fun things. We have a huge list of ideas and I am so excited to have a fun activity to do with him everyday.

He loved finger painting but he was tired so he kept rubbing his eyes. It was hilarious. He got paint everywhere and even tasted it but overall, it was a great time.


 

1 comment:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

So cute! Those raccoon eyes are precious. Glad you now know he's just tactile-ly inclined. I imagine that was a little stressful getting to this point. Enjoy your many activities!