May 27, 2011

2 Weeks Old

Wow, time is flying by! I can't believe it's been two weeks since Gavin joined our family. Things are going great. I couldn't ask for Gavin to be a better baby, except maybe if he would sleep longer stretches at night :) He still rarely cries unless he is hungry, tired, or has a dirty diaper. He is very cuddly and loves to lay on your chest and curl his little body up. It's so fun having a new little baby in our house.



Gavin's 2 Week Stats:

Height: 21.5 in. long (89%)
Weight: 8 lbs. 12.5 oz. (60%)
Head: 14.5 in. (82%)

I was so relieved to see that Gavin had gained back all of his weight and then some. He came home weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. He lost a lot of weight because he was tongue tied and struggled to eat.  He really has grown so much already and I can see his face and body are starting to fill out.


Some things about Gavin:

- Wears size 1-2 diapers
- Belly button fell off when he was 9 days old
- Moved out of our room and into his own. He is such a noisy sleeper this was a must.
- No longer fits into newborn clothing. Wearing 0-3 stuff.
- Wakes up at 2 and 5 to eat and goes right back to sleep...so far :) It's not too bad. It's just hard to get up with Brady at 6:30 or so when I feel like I just went back to sleep.
- Hates bathtime
- Is starting to stay awake for longer stretches of time. Hopefully we will get a sleep schedule going pretty soon. Babywise saved my life with Brady and I will definitely use it again.
- Smiles all the time in his sleep. I hope this means he will be a smiley baby. Brady was so hard to get a smile from.
- He has dimples! It's hard to see them because he has to make just the right face but they are so cute!


Gavin is such a sweet little baby. Brady is finally coming around to him and loves to watch him and laughs whenever he grunts or makes noises. I can't wait to see these two interact with each other more and become best buddies.

First bath...he liked it for about 30 seconds. Just long enough to snap a picture.


One dimple on his left side. Kind of hard to see.

3 comments:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Katelyn he is SO cute!!! This makes me so excited :) Except... the no sleep part. I feel like it's going to be so much harder because you can't just sleep whenever you want when you have a toddler. So are your boys in separate rooms? We only have one other room so we kind of have no choice but to put this baby in with us... and I'm a little worried!
Anyway I'm glad he's such a good baby so far. His little dimple is so adorable.

Greg and Kelli Clark said...

He is so cute. I love reading your blog. You keep up on things soooo good. I really could learn from you and document things more. Your family is so cute.

Staci said...

I love his dimple!!! He's such a sweet little guy and I love the picture of him with Brady. The sleeping part seems rough, hopefully Brady will suddenly start sleeping in until 11 or something. :)