December 1, 2008

♥Husband Tag...Again♥



My friend, Dana, tagged me. I know I wrote about Matt already but it's fun so I wanted to do it again. Here we go...

1. Where did you meet your husband? We lived in the same apartment complex in Provo.

2. How long did you date before you married? 8 months but we knew each other and were friends for about 2 years before that

3. How long have you been married? 1 year, 2 weeks, and one day. But who's counting... :)


4. What does he do that surprises you? He can cook really well, which is definitely something I did not know before I married him. He surprises me when I get home from work by doing all the dishes before I get home or making sure the house is picked up. He is really good about helping out around the house.


5. What is his favorite feature? On me? I guess that's what this question is asking and I would have to say his favorite feature of mine is my eyes.


6. What is your favorite quality of his? Matt is always so positive about everything. He rarely gets angry and it helps me to keep my temper in check. He has a good attitude...well, most of the time :)


7. Does he have a nickname for you? Hmm...he calls me Kate, Katie, Babe, Honey, those kinds of things. Not really a specific nickname.


8. What is his favorite food? Cream peas and potatoes. I don't think I will ever be able to make that for him but he loves it. Pretty much anything his mom makes. He also likes steak and potatoes a lot.


9. What is his favorite sport? FOOTBALL...No Brainer


10. When & where was your first kiss? In my apartment on the couch. We were sitting, talking and he said he wanted to take things slow in our relationship. I agreed and right after that he leaned in and kissed me. I was surprised and said "I thought you wanted to take things slow." He said, "I thought I was. I waited a whole month before I did that." I guess taking things slow for him was different than what I thought it was. We still laugh about that. It was Feb. 28, 2007. Weird that I know that, huh.


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love going to dinner and going to the movies. We really just like to hang out. We've been playing a lot of board and card games lately. We have really enjoyed just hanging out at home too.


12. Do you have any children? No, not yet. I wish I could say that we were expecting or something but we are not...not yet. Hopefully in the next year or so though.


13. Does he have any hidden talents? Yes, cooking. I already said that one but it totally surprised me. He is really good at vacuuming. I mean, he will move the couches and everything just to vacuum. I just go around. Also, he is amazing at catching stuff thrown to him in his mouth. Sometimes I will throw food across the room and he will catch it so easily but sometimes it bounces off his front teeth so I guess he is not really that good at it. :)


14. Who said I love you first? He did. At the beach in Oregon with his whole family back at the beach house. Of course, the next morning they all knew what had happened the night before. That's when we both knew for sure that we were going to get married.


15. What is his favorite music? His favorite band is Pearl Jam. I think he likes basically everything except country. He's coming around though. Oh, he just read this and said he likes alternative/punk music and that he is not coming around to country. He's not supposed to read this so I just made him leave. He made a face at me and asked if he could have a cookie and I said no, wait for me(we are supposed to have them for dessert together). He ate one anyway.


16. What do you admire most about him? Matt can talk to anyone. I wish I were like that. He has no problem going up to people and talking to them. Probably something he picked up on the mission but such an amazing quality. He has such a likeable personality and everyone likes him when they meet him. I love that about him.


17. What is his favorite color? Probably blue. I tried to get him a pink shirt once and he freaked out. So, it's definitely not pink.


18. Will he read this? Yeah. He usually checks our blog once every two or three months. He read a few questions already.


19. Who do you tag? Anyone who wants to be tagged. It's really fun and I like to read what other people have to say about their husbands.

3 comments:

The Risenmay Family said...

Travis loves creamed peas and potatoes with roast too. It must be a brother thing or a Risenmay thing. I make it for him every Father's Day and his birthday. I just called up Grandma Risenmay soon after we were married got her recipe to surprise him. It is pretty easy to make, let me know if you ever want it.

HAdams said...

I almost cried when I read your post about Matt, it's so cute. I am his own sister, and some of this stuff I didn't know about Matt (he moves the furniture when he vacuums!?) He's a pretty great guy and we are so glad he married such a great girl! Angie and I were talking the other day about how we totally lucked out to have such great sister-in-laws! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Dana said...

That was really fun to read thanks for posting that Katelyn! I hope all is going well you guys look so happy! Don't you just love the married life?