October 19, 2008

Carving Pumpkins


Matt and I had a lot of fun this weekend. I have had the entire week off work because of UEA and it was so nice to be able to relax and get everything done that I haven't had the time to do. On Friday night, we went to a wedding reception of two of our friends, Nick and Heather. It was a party! We also got to see Emily Martino which is Matt's best friend, Ben's, wife. It was a lot of fun to see her and we wish Ben could have been there too. On Saturday, we took it easy in the morning then we went and bought pumpkins. I have been so excited to carve pumpkins with Matt again because we didn't do it last year and the year before that we carved pumpkins for our very first date. We borrowed a movie from my parents, went out to dinner at La Carreta (So yummy), then cruised the internet to find cool patterns to carve on our pumpkins. I settled on a pirate and Matt carved a skull. It was way fun. We cooked our pumpkin seeds and ate them while we watched a movie. Too bad the camera wouldn't work when I tried to get a picture of our pumpkins with the lights in them. It's a little hard to tell what they are without the lights in them but oh well.

2 comments:

Doug and Becca said...

Good job on the pumpkins guys! I never thought to look on the computer to find patters to use. I seem to always do the same thing. Maybe we'll get creative this year.

HAdams said...

What a fun date night, you guys are too cute!