I am glad that he got to have so much fun being with his family and not have to worry about school, me, or anything else. So, with Matt gone I was left alone to find a way to have a fun weekend without him. The longest we
have ever been apart was one night when he went to the Vegas Bowl last year. This time it was two nights and three days so I had a lot of time to fill on my own. I FINALLY used my gift cards to Tai Pan that I have had since our wedding and got some really cute stuff for our house. I volunteered myself to babysit for my siblings children. Becca totally took me up on it and I had her two kids (Taylor, 3 and Ashley, 1 1/2) on Friday night, over night while they went out for their anniversary, and part of Saturday morning. I also had Allie,
Kristin's 1 year old little girl Friday night until about 7 pm, so...it was pretty hectic. All I will say is that it was plenty birth control to curb my baby hunger. Really though, the kids were good just a little too much for me and I think I'd rather have them one at a time. Power to all you moms who
have more than one child. That's tough!
On Saturday I was able to go to the BYU football game with my dad, Kasey, Doug, and Taylor. It was a lot of fun, FREEZING, but really fun. My dad has great tickets from being involved with the Cougar House and before each game and at half time we get to go eat in the tent behind the stadium. The food is good and the desserts are even better. FOUR chocolate fountains...FOUR. It is awesome and of course, I eat way too much and feel so sick afterwards.
We had a great time though. Saturday night, I helped my mom get some things done because she wasn't feeling well (My mom had a hysterectomy last Monday and is still recovering.) so I ran the errands for her. All in all it's been a great weekend. Not the same as if Matt were here but I still had a good time. I am very excited to go pick him and Lisa up at the airport tonight. He makes me feel sane and after spending the weekend living at my parents house, I need some sanity :)Also, this morning I woke up to this:

SNOW already...ugh!
7 comments:
That's right, SNOW. YUCK! I was planning a trip to Utah this weekend but the snow stopped me. So now I'm heading down next weekend. I planned on seeing Lisa but she told me she wouldn't be there.. now I know why! I think that is so great they all surprised Uncle Brad. I bet that thrilled him.
Oh, and I was away from Jaren for 13 days this summer. It was horrible!!
hey how are you... I wish I would have known you guys were at the game saturday I would have seen you. Zac and I are die hard BYU fans and have gone to every game pretty much this year. We even drove to Seattle. I HOpe you are doing good and I am glad you have a blog so I can keep in touch. I miss you and your family.
Thanks for supporting Matt on our family weekend. We were all very immature and irresponsible, it wasn't pretty, I tell you.... I hear you are coming to Othello for Christmas, I am excited to get the chance to hang out! Send on best wishes to your mom, Matt told us all about it. I hope she makes a quick recovery. Love and miss you!
Hey mole. I am thinking of your mom, and I am glad "it" is ok. Its so nice to have family around when the hubby is away. I have also babysat for my siblings to pass the weekends, and I agree with you on the birht control thing, even though I have my own form of birth control right now. :)
Thats so sweet of you to watch your neices and nephew. Its always hard when there not your kids expecially over night!! BYU is coming to Fort Worth tomorrow!! Joe, Kimball, Josh and Dad Hakes are all going to it!
Ha ha ha, I loved that birth control comment. If you need a refresher, try being in Nursery with 12+ screaming 3-year-olds. They're way cute, but really make you think twice about if you're ready for kids. It's GREAT to see you're doing well, Katelyn, you deserve it!
You seriously are the best for watching my kids for me. I know you didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night and i am so sorry about that but thanks for being a trooper. doug and i had a fabulous anniversary!
Post a Comment