August 9, 2008

G-UNIT

For the last week we have been busy in Utah with family reunions, catching up with family, trying to find a place to live in the Fall, and having a great time being able to FINALLY relax and not think about pest control for once. It has been great to be back in Utah. It actually feels like HOME here.We had the Gilbert Family Reunion at the Reid Ranch in Fruitland, Utah this week. We headed up there on Monday and got to spend so much time with all the family. It was great to be able to meet everyone that wasn't able to make it to the wedding. There are a lot of new names and faces to remember. It was so much fun to see Matt's family again. Everyone lives so far away from each other that it is a treat when we can all get together. The Ranch was so nice. There was a pool, horseback riding, paddle boats and canoes, archery, volleyball, and so many other things to do. We participated in the Gilbert family Olympics which included events such as the discus and speed races. Our team name (see, the picture), "Shock & Awe." I think we ended up with a silver medal but I can't remember. The only downfall of the whole reunion was that I was sick. It's funny how I never get sick except at the worst times. I even got sick on Christmas day once. The reunion ended on Thursday and after saying goodbye to everyone, we headed back to my parents house to pick up Matt's car that was in the shop. (Shortened version of a long story...Matt's car basically broke down the minute we pulled up to my parents house. The AC went out just outside of Reno. It made for a very long and hot drive.) We were going to head back to California on Friday but decided we didn't want to and are staying until Sunday. Funny thing is, I am actually excited to get back to Sacramento. I have really enjoyed the time Matt and I have had there together. We don't get to see each other that much but we have really learned to depend on each other. It's been a great experience and I am ready to get back and finish strong. We have had the best time in Utah. I have missed so many things about being here. The crazed Stephanie Meyer fans who walk through the mall with the newest version of the Twilight series in their faces, my family, the swimming pool, the mountains, Maceys grocery store, my parents house, an LDS church on every corner, feeling safe all the time and not just when I am at home, and everything else. It's been a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were here and we never saw you guys?!!!!! Hope you guys have a good last couple of weeks and come back to us soon.

Whitney R said...

The reunion was a lot of fun! I'm glad that we got to know you a bit better. I think my team won the gold? right? Unless there were more events after we left. :) I love your hair!