Like I said before, Matt and I snuck away to Seattle for a few days. It was amazing! It was perfect timing our life, we really needed this vacation. Life is a little stressful right now and the kids can be pretty overwhelming so we were definitely in need of a vacation and we enjoyed every single minute of it. We took a Seattle trip a couple of years ago and it was great then too. Seattle is such a fun city. Yeah, it rains a ton, but it is beautiful and full of so many different things. Last time we went, we did all the touristy stuff like the space needle, harbor cruise, museums, etc. so this year we experienced it in a different way. We took a lot of advice from Matt's sister, Angie (she has been to Seattle a ton) and just enjoyed the city and relaxed (which was the main thing we wanted to do).
We drove into Seattle in the afternoon and went straight down to the pier. We couldn't check in until 4 so we walked around for a while, then went to the Crab Pot for lunch/dinner. It is such a fun place to eat and the food was delicious. We then went and checked into our hotel and got ready to go see the movie "pitch perfect", which is hilarious by the way. We went back to the hotel and just lounged around, watched tv, then went to bed. The next day we got up and walked down to the pier and caught a ferry to Bainbridge island. This was my favorite day. Bainbridge island is this cute little town with all these fun little shops and restaurants so we walked around and shopped a little then we had lunch at this awesome little pizza place. It was seriously some of the best pizza I have ever had. We stayed for about 4 hours then caught the ferry back to Seattle and walked to the mall. This is one thing about Seattle that I love is that you can walk everywhere. I never felt too guilty about what we were eating because I figured we walked enough to burn most of it off :) Yeah, probably not, but it makes me feel better. We decided to go to another movie and saw "the bourne legacy." which was actually pretty good. We were the only ones in the theater so that's always a bonus. We went back home and slept a ton. The next morning we took it easy. We went to Starbucks for some hot chocolate and did the Seattle underground tour. It was super cool but kind of long.
Wow, a year later I am actually finishing this post...and now I can't remember what else we did :)
Our Seattle trip was awesome. I can't wait to go again next year. It is becoming one of my absolute favorite cities and I am just falling in love with it.
I mean, rain, clouds, ferry boats, greenery, it really doesn't get much better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment