I turned 26 this year. Yikes! I am really starting to feel
old the closer I get to 30...although I don't' really think 30 is old. I told
my mom the other day that having kids makes me feel old because I am tired,
grumpy, and can't stand the little whipper snappers sometimes :)
This blasted Winter weather sure isn't helping. We have cabin fever BAD!
Back to my birthday...
Well, as luck would have it, the kids were sick the entire
week of my birthday so I felt terrible leaving them but I knew that for my sake
and for Matt's we needed a night out. Luckily, we live with my parents so I
knew the kids would be safe and well taken care of. The morning of my birthday
I was woken up by all three of my boy serenading me in "Happy Birthday."
There is just something about the way Gavin tries to hit the high notes that
makes me so happy :) I loved it. Then, they gave me my gifts. My parents got
me a wii this year so Matt got me Just Dance 4 (so fun!) and zumba for the wii.
I told him I wanted some way to exercise without the kids getting in the way
and this is perfect. They love to dance right along with me. Matt also gave me
a 60 minute massage that I would receive on Friday at a salon. I had never had
a professional massage and it was wonderful. It made me feel so relaxed and
helped release a lot of tension and stress. Matt took me to La Jolla Groves for
dinner that night. I love this place but it's a bit pricey so we try to only go
for special occasions. It was so yummy. We finished a little early so we
decided to head to the Provo beach resort and play some arcades. We had a blast and
it was so fun to be alone with Matt and reconnect. It's way too easy to get
wrapped up in life and I think it's really important to take time alone
together. We went to The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got a caramel
apple to share then headed home. We relaxed and watched a movie while eating
our apple then went to bed.
It was a perfect day (except for the sick kids part) and I
will always remember my 26th birthday and how blessed and happy I am :)
No comments:
Post a Comment