January 31, 2013

Potty Training

Oh, potty training, you are my nemesis! 

We started trying to potty train Brady around Thanksgiving but he was definitely not completely ready. Brady has some cognitive delays which make it hard for him to understand things sometimes so we knew potty training might be difficult. We gave it another shot after Christmas since he had a 2 week break from school. The first day was awful! I cleaned so many accidents off the carpet I was seriously ready to throw in the towel but I took everyone's advice and forged ahead. The next day it got better and it's been up and up ever since. He is doing very well and has only had 1 accident in the last 3 weeks and that's only because he gets so busy playing he doesn't want to stop. Boys...
Having one in diapers is SOOOO much better than two. I did that for 19 long months and now I can't wait to get Gavin out of diapers too so I can have a nice long break with zero diapers in this house :) 

No comments: