August 30, 2012

Life Lately

We have had to make some very big decisions lately and it seems the kids are tougher than ever. It is safe to say we are going through a rough patch around here. Brady is all over the place, climbing, jumping, running, pushing, etc. He is definitely coming into the terrible 3's (if that's what you call it).

And Gavin...he is my toughest kid right now. He has recently started throwing these massive tantrums. I'm talking throw yourself on the floor, kick your legs and scream tantrums. It's awful. It's not so bad when we are at home because I just ignore him but his favorite place to act out is in Relief Society. Thankfully I am in an awesome ward with a lot of women who totally understand and have been there before.

My kids are my greatest joy but lately they are my biggest headache :) I love them so much but, oh man, they are so tough sometimes and right now we are struggling. I think we all need Summer to be over and get ourselves into a better routine.  My kids are at such fun ages right now too. They both have these fun, big personalities and can be so cute and funny. 

Thought I'd better add some photos so this isn't too boring :)
Brady loves books lately and climbs onto the changing table just to get to them. Gavin has learned how to go down the slide (another post coming) and will do it all day long. He LOVES it. It's so cute.

As far as the big decisions go, I think we have everything decided. We have been living with my parents for almost a year now and were planning on moving back to our condo in Eagle Mountain until we knew where Matt would go to school but have decided to stay here for 6 more months. This was a really hard decision as we are very anxious to get back on our own and have our own space but we feel like this is the right thing. Matt had to take the GMAT test and because he took it in late May, he missed a lot of the deadlines for school this Fall. So, we are in a waiting period for next Fall and don't want to settle down somewhere and have him go to school and hour away or something like that. He is going to start applying to schools (in Utah) in December and we should know where we will be by February at the latest and can start to look for homes to purchase or possibly build (I hope we can build! It would be so fun!). We are excited for this next chapter in our lives and are really looking forward to home ownership and all of that. We have had a great experience living here. My parents and family are great with the kids and I have seen Brady grow and learn so much. We have been able to put a lot of money away (which was the whole purpose of moving here in the first place) and have been able to get into a better position for Matt to go to school.

Sorry this was kind of a downer post...it's just been our life lately and I want to remember all these things in my blog book. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You are wise woman, Katelyn. I love how you are able to have a great perspective even in the middle of hard times. Keep up the great work!! It's all for the best :)

Staci said...

Kids are so tough and I just have one! Maybe the boys will like having their own space so being back at the condo will really be a good idea. You're amazing for finding the silver lining in everything! Good luck with the move back to the condo and figuring out where you'll hopefully build. I'm excited to hear how it all works out.