May 17, 2012

1st Birthday Party

I decided on a car theme for Gavin's birthday since his first word was "go." We always say to him "ready...set..." and he finishes with a big loud "GO!" It is the cutest thing and I love how excited he gets whenever we say it. Since his birthday fell on a Sunday this year (and it was Mother's Day), we had a little party for him on Saturday and then just cake on his actual birthday. His party was so fun to plan. I always go a little crazy for birthdays but hey, you only get one a year. We had everyone over for pizza, cake pops, and cupcakes. It was a blast. On Sunday, I made Gavin a jello pudding poke cake. If you have never had one, you are missing out. It's pretty light and tastes so good. We did discover that Gavin isn't a huge fan of cake since he did just throw it all over the floor. The other kids didn't mind as they cleaned it right up :)

Overall, we had a great birthday weekend and cannot believe that our little boy is 1. He has been such a great addition to the family and we wouldn't change anything.

Now, picture time! There will be a lot so...brace yourself :)
 



I have no idea how these got our of order...oh well.


1 comment:

Cassi Wood said...

Youre so creative Kate!