This guy turned 1 on May 13, 2012 (Mother's Day)
This was seriously the fastest year of my life! I don't know if it's because of all that was going on with us moving and all that or just chasing around a toddler and not paying attention to how quickly the days go by but man, it flew by. I am still in shock that I now have two toddlers and no baby. Yikes, that means another one is on the horizon...and I am so NOT ready. 3 kids? That scares me to death.
Gavin's Stats:
Height: 29.5 in. (26%tile)
Weight: 20.55 lbs. (37%tile)
Head: 18.5 in. (76%tile)
Short, skinny, with a big head :) He is so tiny compared to Brady! I just find it so funny that they are so different from each other.
Some things about Gavin:
- A crawling, standing, cruising machine. He has taken about 2 steps so hopefully walking is close.
- Can crawl up 1 step and get back down. Once he goes more than just 1, he can't figure out how to get back down :)
- Can say uh oh, mama, dada, cat, car, cracker, mickey, go, and bye bye
- He LOVES to play pat-a-cake and will do all the actions. I love when he "marks it with a G" and puts his little finger on his other palm. It's so cute.
- Loves to be outside and especially in the swing.
- LOVES Brady. He follows Brady around all day long and is always cuddling up to him. They are becoming best friends and I love watching them together.
- Loves all foods. I usually don't have any problems getting him to eat.
- Loves to swim. When we were in St. George, I could hardly get either of my kids out of the pool. They are fishes for sure.
- Smiles for the camera. It is such a cheesy smile and he squints his eyes and everything. I love it.
- Wears 12-18 month clothing. He has always been pretty close to right on.
- Size 4 diaper
- Loves to clap, put his arms up for "touchdown," wave, blow kisses, give kisses, and smile.
- He is the happiest baby. We can take him pretty much anywhere and he's almost always good.
- Loves to ride in the car.
- Very curious. This kid gets into everything. He is beyond busy and it is exhausting.
- Wants to be a big kid so bad. Whenever I drop Brady off at nursery, he cries and wants to stay. He also has recently decided that he doesn't want to be fed in any way and wants to feed himself. He can sort of use a spoon and holds sandwiches and takes bites. Weird. He is growing up so fast.
- Roars like a lion and sticks his tongue out when you ask him to.
- He tries to copy things that we say. I think he'll be an early talker. It's nice too because he has helped Brady a lot. I am sure this is why we felt so strongly about having them so close together.
- He is so cuddly. He will always lay his head on our shoulders and snuggle right up. Love this.
Gavin is such a sweet little guy. We are sure glad he is part of our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment