December 21, 2011

Bedtime Routine


Every night before the kids go to bed, we do the exact same routine. It's nice that we only have two kids because each of us usually just takes one. Matt is such a great dad and I am so thankful that he is more than willing to help out. It sure makes my life easier.

We start the bedtime routine around 7:00 each night.
First, we get both kids ready for their baths. I usually try to set out their pajamas while they are napping in the afternoon just so it's all ready to go. They bathe together, which they absolutely love,  then Gavin gets pulled out first. He is wrapped up and handed off to whoever isn't doing the washing. One of us gets started getting G ready while Brady is washed up and pulled out of the tub.
 
Second, both kids get lotioned up, diapered, and put into clean pajamas. Baby Magic is the best baby lotion out there. It smells so good and keeps it's smell even until the morning. I love how the kids smell when they wake up because of this lotion.

Third, Brady plays with toys, Gavin gets a bottle and goes to bed at 7:40ish, and I usually run around doing the last minute pick up so I can enjoy the rest of the night. Around 7:50ish Brady says prayers and gets a book read to him...then he likes to "read" the book to one of us :) and then he goes to bed too.

It's been so nice that both kids are in bed by 8 pm. They are both sleeping pretty good too so that makes life so much easier. I always tell Matt when the kids are sleeping good "yeah, we could have more kids" and whenever they are sleeping bad I always say "two is enough."
 

Ha, we will see what happens...but not anytime soon :)

No comments: