December 22, 2011

Inn At McCuistions

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is called "Inn at McCuistions."  My parents turn their home into an "Inn" and we all come stay the night. We always go to dinner at Olive Garden first then "check in" to the "Inn" and spend the rest of the night together playing games, eating lots of yummy food, taking, and letting the grandkids open some presents. My mom always gives them pajamas to wear. This year she went all out and got all the boys pirate jammies, a bandana, a "boy" barbie, and a sword. She got all the little girls Dora jammies, a barbie, and a mini shopping cart. Gavin got his own star jammies (they didn't have the pirate pjs in his size) and a toy ball. All the kids loved it and it was so cute to see them all matching. 

Brady went crazy over the little shopping carts. Unfortunately, he did not get one so that was a bit of a problem but Santa will be bringing him one of his own in a few days. The shopping carts are the mini ones and it was so funny to watch Brady squat down and push the cart. We were all laughing. I wish I had taken some video of it or even a picture...maybe I'll try to catch it later.

We had such a great night. It's always fun to spend time with family but the Holidays make it that much more special.

Side Story: Matt is really funny about Brady playing with anything girly so I told my mom that and she bought all the boys a Ken doll just to bug him. Matt was very proud when Brady showed no interest at all in the Ken doll and that he still doesn't care for it.
He wasn't too fond of the idea of getting Brady a shopping cart for Christmas either but I think he'd rather that than a barbie :)

1 comment:

preston. shawnee. cohen said...

Ha they are all so cute in their jammies. What a fun tradition your family has, I totally want to remember that for the future. OH and Preston doesn't like Cohen playing with girly things either ha!
So that's awesome that gavin goes to bed at 7:40! How long does he usually sleep for? I usually wake Graham up once more around 11 to feed him before we go to bed... but I'm wondering if I should take a chance and just feed him at 8, put him to bed and see how long he goes. It's crazy how much you forget after already having a baby!