November 2, 2011

The Boys Get Tubes


My kids and their ears...I don't know why they have so many issues. On Friday, October 28 we decided it was finally time to get the boys their tubes so we wouldn't have to deal with infections any more. We headed to Primary Childrens Hospital at 5:30 am. Brady woke right up and thankfully Gav stayed asleep. We checked in at 6:40 and waited. I think one of the hardest parts is all the waiting. It's hard because the kids can't eat after midnight and they get restless, tired, and hungry just waiting. They took Brady back first and he was done before they even came back for Gavin. I love how quick it is to put the tubes in. I went back with Brady in recovery while he woke up. I hate how cranky they are when they wake up. You can just tell that they feel funny. I held him and we watched Mickey together. Matt came back after they took Gavin and we waited together. Gavin's procedure took a little longer because he also had to have his circumcision basically re-done. Awful, I know, but it needed to be fixed. I went with Gav while he woke up and it was so horrible. He is so little and was just crying and arching his little back like he didn't know what was going on. We had to wait about an hour for both boys to be ready to go home. They had to each drink 4 oz. and keep it down, which they did. They slept on the way home and both took a 2 hour nap after. They were pretty sleepy all day so we just stayed in our pajamas.

We are so glad that Kenzie was able to come with us. She was a big help to carry one of the kids or all of our stuff while we followed Drs. and nurses to different rooms. She also had her awesome phone so Brady could watch Mickey and cooperate. Brady and Gavin are both doing great, recovering just fine, and sleeping so much better now. I am just glad they are both feeling better. It's been a long month with them sick and not well.

2 comments:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh I can't even imagine. I'm sorry, for all of you! So not fun :( Poor boys, I'm glad they are doing a little better though.

And Brady's mickey party was darling! I made those mickey pops for cohen's 1st birthday...... and yes they took soooooo long! Adorable, but a pain in the butt ha.

Nassari Everett said...

Oh no! poor babies!
I love the boys costumes and how you decorated for Brady's bday! super cute!!!