November 16, 2011

6 Months

Gavin is officially 6 months old as of Sunday the 13th. I am still in shock. How did this happen so fast? I swear it took forever for Brady to hit 1/2 a year and Gav is already there.



* some of the pics are from my phone so they aren't that great but just too cute not to post

Gavin's Stats:
Weight: 16.2 lbs. (25%tile)
Height: 26.75 in. (61%tile)
Head: 17.3 in. (54%tile)



He's so little compared to Brady! Brady had at least 3 lbs on him by now. Oh well, at least he is healthy and growing. I don't really care how small he is as long as he's healthy.


Some things about Gavin:
- LOVES to smile and laugh. He is the most easy going kid around. He just loves attention.
- Eating solids twice a day. I started with veggies but he hated them so I went ahead and switched him to fruit. He has had apples, pears, and bananas and loves them. I am hoping this will help him transition to vegetables.
- Starting to like puff snacks. Brady loved all foods at this age and Gavin is so picky about things. It's just funny how different they can be.
- Size 3 diaper
- Teething. He is always chewing on his hands, toys, etc.
- Wears all of his 6-9 clothing and still a few 3-6 things. 
- He is only waking up once at night but has to be fed to go back to sleep. It's time to sleep train again but with the kids in the same room, I'm dragging my feet on this one.
- Had tubes put in and had croup for the first time
 
- Loves to be in his walker, bumbo, or jumper. He always wants to see what's going on.
- Loves his older brother. Brady climbs up on the crib and talks to him and he loves it. 
- Loves bath time. We got him a bath chair so he can sit up and he loves to splash and play with toys.
- Speaking of sitting up, he is getting so good at it. He'll be doing it on his own pretty soon.
- Loves to pull his socks off and eat them
- Still falls asleep with his hand by his face. He has done this since he was born. I like to think he did this even before he was born. I love it. 
- Loves to grab your face and give "kisses"
- He is so ticklish, especially around his neck.

Gavin is such a happy kid. He brings a lot of smiles to our days and makes our family feel complete...for now :)

No comments: