4 whole months have come and gone since Gavin joined our family. I am still in shock at how quickly it has gone. I took him to the Dr. yesterday. He did not like the Dr. looking in his ears. He screamed until I picked him up. It was so sad.
We found out that he has to go to the ENT and the Urologist. He's probably going to get tubes in his ears and has to have his circumcision fixed since it is sticking. Poor kid. I hate having to visit so many doctors.
Gavin's Stats:
Height: 25 in. (55 %tile)
Weight: 13 lbs. 8 oz. (21 %tile)
Head: 16.5 in. (41 %tile)
Gavin is sooo much smaller than Brady ever was. Brady never went below the 75 %tile so it's weird for me to have a baby that is so little. He struggles to even eat a 4 oz. bottle. My mom said I was the same way, just not a very hungry baby. Hopefully now that we have started cereal, he will chunk up a little more.
Some things about Gavin:
- Holds his head up so well and doesn't want to be held like a baby. He likes to see what is going on all the time.
- Loves his hands and now his toes too.
- Is getting really good at grabbing objects.
- Smiles constantly and laughs so easily.
- Started rice cereal! I love feeding babies real food instead of only milk. He did okay with it, just unsure of what to do with the spoon in his mouth :) He'll get it soon, I'm sure.
- Hates tummy time. That's probably why he isn't rolling yet.
- Loves to sit in his bumbo while I make dinner.
- Will fall asleep any time we are in the car.
- Size 2 diaper.
- Wears all of his 3-6 stuff and even some 0-3 stuff still...so weird for me. Brady was in 6 month stuff at this age.
- Loves to talk. He is such a noisemaker when he wants to be.
- Has had 3 ear infections already. I have no idea what it is with my kids but they have major ear issues.
- Sleeps 8-8 when he doesn't have an ear infection.
- Eats ever 3-4 hours
- Sleeps with his right hand up by his face. It's so cute! I love watching him fall asleep.
Gavin is a very pleasant baby. He is happy to just hang out and enjoy what's going on around him. He is very quiet and rarely cries at all. We love having him in our family!
2 comments:
4 months, that is a third of a year old! Holy cow they grow quickly. He is so so cute Katelyn. I'm sorry about his ear aches :( I hope he starts to feel better soon.
Good luck with everything that comes with moving. When you guys are settled, we'll defintiely need to get together!
So Cute! I think I recognize every shirt he has on in this post! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment