May 1, 2011

18 Months

(This post has been sitting here for days. Brady turned 18 months on April 20)

How is it possible that I am the mother of an 18 month old? It is crazy how quickly the time is going. I swear we just took him to the Dr. for his 15 month checkup.

Here are his 18 month stats:

Weight: 29 lbs. (88%)
Height: 34 in. (94%)
Head: 19.5 in. (92%)

Not surprising. He has always been a big boy.


Some things about Brady:
- Wears 2T and 3T clothing
- Size 6 shoe
- Size 5 diaper
- Still in a crib...we are waiting until life settles down after the baby comes
- Still loves his binky and blanket...yet another thing we are waiting to get rid of :)
- Can say "Mama", "Dada", "Ball", "Go", "Uh Oh", and "Yeah" He is starting to talk a lot more so I am hoping to add many more words to this list soon.
- Loves to be outside.
- Loves when Matt gets home. They are still best buddies.
- Not so sure about nursery. He did great when Matt took him in the week before to "try it out" but when he realized Matt was leaving this time, he freaked out. Oh well, he'll get it sometime, right?
- Sleeps from 8 to 8 on a good day (which is most days) and 8 to between 6:30-7 on not so good days. I can't really complain though because I can't even remember the last time he woke up in the middle of the night.
- Just taking one nap that is usually between 2-3.5 hours long, depending on the day.
- Loves to read books, play with his toys, empty my kitchen cabinets, throw things in the toilet (his newest obsession), and be chased all over the house.
- Has suddenly become a climber. He's been climbing onto everything lately. 

Brady is such a fun little boy and has really grown and changed a lot these last few months. He is sooo busy and just wants to be on the go all the time. The best word to describe him would be "curious." Brady always wants to be doing something, getting into something, making lots of noise, or just running around. He can be the biggest stinker then come over and kiss and hug me and be the biggest sweetheart. I can't believe that in a few weeks he will be a big brother! I am trying to spend as much time as possible with him before it's not just us anymore. It's crazy how quickly the last 18 months have flown by and it really makes me realize that I need to take advantage of all of the time I have with him while he is still little because he won't be little for very long.

*18 month pictures will be posted sometime. My sister and I are going to attempt our own photo shoot with her awesome new camera. I'm just hoping Brady will cooperate :)

1 comment:

Staci said...

Katelyn, I laughed so hard when I read the comment about how long it's taken you to post about this! Not making fun of you, just funny how you said it. I love Brady, he's such a sweet guy. He's going to be an awesome big brother, I'm excited to read those posts! I hope you feel great these next couple of weeks, let me know if you need anything!!