April 14, 2011

Nesting...

It is legit! I get so anxious to get my house clean, organized, and as ready as possible for the arrival of a new baby. I've been cleaning, organizing, crafting, doing laundry, painting, sewing, and so many other things in preparation. It actually has been really nice to be busy and with this nasty, hit-and-miss April weather, I definitely need that since we can't go outside most days.

Here are a few things I have been working on:
Burp Cloths
I made each of the boys a hooded towel with bear ears to go with their new bathroom colors
Obviously, Brady was not too happy with me trying to get a picture of him modeling his new towel

Carseat tent

I am not a professional seamstress by any means so if I can do these simple projects, anyone can. I am so excited and happy with the way everything turned out. There are so many more things we have done around here that are not pictured. We also painted our master bathroom and got new towels, completely cleaned out all of the closets and made several trips to DI, washed and folded all of the baby's clothing, and so much more. Hopefully my energy will keep up for a few more weeks so I can finish everything.

5 comments:

Kristine L. said...

That carseat cover is so cute! Did you use a tutorial or just guess?

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh my goodness how funny that you posted this on the same day I posted my post haha. Guess nesting just makes you a little crazy right?! All the projects you did are so cute... makes me want to add some to my already too long list :) Did you have a carseat cover for brady? If not, you will love it! We used ours all the time.
Anyway thank you so much for your sweet comment, I seriously was getting choked up. It's just nice to know other moms can relate :) And I loved that you said we'll look back and remember the good, I think that's so true. Thanks Katelyn!

Nassari Everett said...

wow way to go. I love the towels and the carseat cover thingy. you'l have to send me a link to those! :)

Staci said...

Look at you!! That's so awesome that you are able to focus some energy on those projects and they are so cute!! I love hooded towels, especially the ears. I also love that we can do whatever we want to these little kids and they don't know any better. :)

Doug and Becca said...

Wow Kate I'm really impressed. I'm not a professional either but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get any of my projects to look like that. Now I know who I can ask to make me a car seat cover when I get pregnant again :)