July 20, 2010

9 Months

Seriously...9 months! How in the world did that go by so fast when 9 months took FOREVER when I was pregnant! I am so in love with this stage. Brady is officially mobile and loving every minute of it. He is so much fun and his little personality is really starting to show. He went to the Dr. yesterday and here's how he measures up:


Stats
Height: 30 in. (94%)
Weight: 21.3 lbs. (64%)
Head: 18.2 in. (76%)
He has slowed down in his weight and will probably slow down even more now that he is crawling. Basically, he is a tall skinny boy with a big head.


Some things about Brady

- Started crawling last week (7/11/10) and is still working out the kinks
- Loves to pull himself up on anything and everything. He did this before he started crawling.
- Loves to be at home
- LOVES to eat. This kid can and will eat everything in sight!
- His favorite foods right now are bananas, scrambled eggs, PBJ sandwiches, carrots, french toast, pancakes, and yogurt. We are trying mac & cheese this week.
- Loves his new car toy. We strap him into it and take him for walks and he loves it.
- Can say "mama", "dada", "baba", and "hi" (he says "I" for hi and sometimes even "I dada" Cutest thing ever!)
- Makes a popping sound with his lips. So cute!
- Cut his 1st tooth (7/6/10) and more are on their way. He's had a runny nose for a week now.
- Loves to laugh. He is so ticklish on his chubby legs.
- Still loves to jump. I sometimes wonder if he will ever figure out walking because he pulls himself up on things and tries to jump.
- Still moves all over his crib when sleeping and has recently decided he wants to sleep on his knees with his little bum in the air. Makes me laugh every time :)
- Loves to be outside. Loves the grass, sand, wood chips, you name it.
- Experienced the beach and the pacific ocean for the first time. Loved it!
- Went on our first road trip without daddy. Major appreciation for any single moms out there. It is not easy doing everything on your own.
- Loves people. He is not afraid of anyone...yet :)
- Loves lights and colors. I have learned that Brady is a very visual child. He loves movement and action.
- Has not had an ear infection in 3 weeks. Hallelujah! Longest we have ever gone without one.
- Wears all of his 12 month clothing, all of his 9 month stuff, and still some 6 month t-shirts
- Wearing size 4 diapers
- Will not feed himself. He's in his high chair at least 3 times a day but still won't feed himself. Anyone got any special tricks?
- Is still a major mama's boy and I secretly love it :)
- Still taking two 1 1/2-3 hour naps 
- Sleeping through the night. Goes down around 8 and wakes up around 6:30-7(wish he would sleep in but I'll take him sleeping all night over that any day)
 - Loves to cuddle. He has become such a cuddly little guy and I love it. Whenever he is tired all you have to do is throw his blanket over your shoulder and he will nuzzle right in.

Brady just gets more and more fun each day. I can't believe he will be 1 in three months. Time has flown by. Love you, Bug!

No comments: