February 9, 2010

Rice Cereal

So, for the past month Brady hasn't slept through the night...not even once...it is killing me. He had ear infections in January and was up so much I think he made it a nice habit to wake up. He wouldn't go back to sleep unless I fed him so...I know, it's all my fault. Now that the ear infections are gone, he still won't sleep so we did what we thought was best...we let him cry it out. It was horrible! By the time he finally fell asleep, I was a mess. At least it worked. He is now only getting up once and I can live with that for now. Since he is such a big boy, I was really feeling like he just wasn't getting enough to eat so we decided to start him on rice cereal. I know, I know, you aren't supposed to do that until 4 months (which he will be in a little over a week) but hey, my mom was feeding me rice cereal at 6 weeks. Every kid is different. He had a rough go at first (I think it gave him a tummy ache) but now he LOVES it. We also started to give him formula at night and he loves drinking out of a bottle. Unfortunately, he loves it so much he is having a hard time nursing so we will see what happens with that.

ready for some rice cereal :)

Brady has become such a fun baby. He has always been so good and happy but he is smiling all the time now and laughing. I love it! The transition to motherhood was difficult at first but now I can't imagine what I ever did without Brady in my life. I can honestly say I am looking forward to baby #2...no this is not an announcement, I am just excited to have more kids someday soon.

Also, Brady is getting so good at tummy time and can now roll from tummy to back. I have been trying to catch it on video so I will post it once I get it.






4 comments:

Heather said...

ok... he is seriously SO cute! I need to see him again. Let's all get together one Sunday SOON and play games and hang out.

Jensen Family said...

awe so fun! he is sooo cute :) im glad he is sleeping better for you now, cause i know that is rough when they dont!

Kali said...

i can't wait to give miles rice cereal! i'm so tempted to do it even though the dr. said no.
he's getting so big!
so sorry about the ear aches and the no sleeping...sounds like it was miserable.

Staci said...

Katelyn, you're only supposed to post about the joys of having children for my sake. Totally kidding, I know that even though you go through all these rough things you couldn't be happier. I'm glad he's doing better. He is stinking cute, I love the pictures you have on here! Umm, I should come see him in real life again soon though.