Brady Matthew Risenmay
Born October 20, 2009 at 6:59 pm
8 lbs. 15 oz. 20 1/2 in. long
8 lbs. 15 oz. 20 1/2 in. long

Labor story: I was induced October 20 after being a week late. Longest week of my life! We got to the hospital at 7 am and thankfully were able to get right in. I don't think I could have waited any longer. They got me started on pitocin and broke my water at 8. Things started right away after that and I was ready for my epidural around 10. At 11 I was dilated to a 4, at 12 I was a 5, at 2:30 I was an 8 so things progressed fairly quickly.
Around 3:30 I was a 9 1/2 and it only took 15 min to get to a 10. They wanted me to wait an hour to let my body push the baby down a little further so I wouldn't have to push so long and I didn't even start pushing until closer to 5. I pushed for 2 whole h
ours! It was so exhausting but Brady was such a big kid with a big head that it was almost impossible to get him out. His heartbeat was high because of all the stress so the doctor thought it would be best to use forceps to help him out. Thankfully he only had to use them for a minute and I was able to push him out the rest of the way. He was born at 6:59 pm and cried and cried which was the best sound in the world. What an amazing feeling and experience! I will never forget the way it felt to hear him cry and hold him for the first time.
Matt and I are in love with our big boy. He is so sweet, rarely cries so far, and has been doing great. We are extremely grateful that he is here and healthy and that everything is fine.
Thanks for all the well wishes, phone calls, and many many text messages. We really appreciate all the love and support we feel from everyone. We are going home on Thursday so I will keep you updated with new pictures as we get a little more settled :)p.s. The doctors advice: Get induced a week early with the rest of our kids :)
17 comments:
So incredibly cute! I am so happy for you guys. Hope all is well and you can get some rest. Glad to hear everything went well. Love you Risenmay family of 3!
He's so handsome! Big-boy! Just a bit bigger than I was and I was the smallest in my fam, so I am sure my mother knows how you feel. I'm so happy for you and Matt. Congratulations!!
Glad he is finally here! What a cutie!! Congrats!
Kate, I agree with the doctor. My first Risenmay baby was 9 lbs. 8 oz and she was a day late. I was induced a week early with the last 3 kids and they were all big. Good for you, what a champ you are. Big healthy babies are the best, they sleep better, eat better and seem more content. We are so happy for you! By the way, tell Matt we love how sensitive he is, it looks like he was a little choked up in the picture of him holding Brady. What a sweet dad! We love you guys!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Oh I'm so glad he is finally here! That newborn stage is so so precious, seriously soak it all in. And hold him so much before he gets all wiggly. He is a big boy, just a little bigger than Cohen was. Not fun to deliver, but it pays off when they are here! We are so happy for you guys :)
Congrats! Hes a cutie!! I hear bigger babies are easier. Hopefully that will be the case for you guys. Congrats again!
I love him already and he definitely looks like he'll fit perfectly into the Risenmay clan, chubby cheeks, adorable face, just like many of our husbands...ps don't tell them I said that :)
Awwww Congratulations Matt and Katelyn. We're so excited for your little family. Katelyn you're a trooper pushing for 2 hours. I can't believe how big he is. You guys are going to be such good parents. Hopefully we'll be able to meet him some time soon. We miss you guys!
Congratulations Katelyn!! He is so precious! What a big boy, He is bigger than lexie is right now! Good job on the 2 hours of pushing, I dont think I could have handled that!! We need to take a picture now of our babies now that they are all here! Congrats again, we are excited for you guys!
Congrats guys! He is so CUTE! I am glad that everything went well. It was so fun having Kasey up date us all day. I can't wait to see him.
Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that he's safely here, and so healthy! Lily was 8#15oz, too -- it's brutal, but at least you will have less to worry about in the future.
Enjoy your time with him, and take a lot of pictures and videos.
Oh, so cute and beautiful little boy! What an amazing thing, to be a momma and daddy. Matt looks so happy too. I can't believe you pushed that long. I am glad everything else went fairly quick, from what you said. I can't wait to meet the little guy!
I just can't stop thinking about you guys!! Just wanted you to know. :)
Congratulations you guys! That is a big boy! I hope you recover well and he brings you lots of joy. We're wishing you the best!
Congratulations guys!!He is so handsome! I agree with your Dr. Katelyn...scheduled inductions one week early are the BEST!! (I've done that with two of my three) Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures as he gets bigger!
Congrats Katelyn!! He is so cute. Wow what a big baby. I'm glad things went well for you and that you guys are doing good!
CONGRATS!!! He looks so good and healthy!! Hope your doing good katelyn :)
Post a Comment