January 2, 2009

Christmas in Othello


This year Matt and I had Christmas with his parents in Othello, WA, where Matt is from. It was a blast! We drove there so of course, we hit the biggest snow storm and it took us 16 1/2 hours to make a 10 hour drive. It was so scary at times but we continued and were thankful to make it there safely. It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy being with Matt's family. We don't get to see many of them too often because they all live so far away from each other. Christmas eve was spent at Grandma and Grandpa Gilbert's house. It's a tradition in the family to go over there, eat dinner together, read the Christmas story, and open a gift. My mother-in-law gave me some yummy body wash and lotion from Victoria's secret. We then went home to get ready for bed. Matt's sister, Heather and her husband and kids were there as well and it was fun to see how excited the kids were for Santa to come. It's been a long time since I had a Christmas with little kids. Christmas morning we woke bright and early at 7 am. It was perfect for me because my family usually gets up early and, if any of you know me well, I get way too excited to wait any longer. We opened up all of our gifts then I was surprised with another gift. My wonderful mother-in-law got me a bosch mixer! I loved it! she sent me on a treasure hunt to find it. It was so sweet of her to do that. I had been wanting one for the longest time. Matt and I also got Guitar Hero: world tour from my parents so...I think we did pretty well this year. Matt got me the new lds hymnbook, a new hand mixer, sweatpants, new spatula, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a lot of other great things. He got some clothes for work, a book on cd, shoes, wallet, a video game, and others. It was a great Christmas and we are sad that it is over but grateful that we were able to be with Matt's family and that we could travel safely.


This is Matt with his cute nephew, Lincoln by the Christmas village. I loved it so much that Elaine gave me a church and a schoolhouse so Matt and I can have our own village. Of course, Walmart was having a big sale so we have quite a few more pieces now.

4 comments:

Cassi Wood said...

Yay, you got a Bosch!!!! Now you can make me cinnamon rolls and I will make you bread. And, now the four of us can rock out to the new Guitar Hero. I can't wait. It seems like you always need a new hand mixer. Don't know why I think that. Well anyway, it looks like you had fun! Miss you kate!

HAdams said...

It was so much fun seeing you at Christmas, we miss you guys already! I am glad you liked your Bosch. I don't know who was more excited, you or my mom!! P.S. I love the cute new pictures you posted of you and Matt!

Cody and Sarah Branin said...

It looks like you guys had a blast for Christmas. Yeah the wedding plans are going good. Its a little stressful but we only have 2 months left. How are things with you guys?

Elaine said...

We loved having you here. You were both so cute with all of your carefully chosen gifts for each other. I love my candle!!
Miss you both!