June 10, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend Matt and I finally made it out to the Jelly Belly Factory! It was awesome and of course, my idea. Matt seemed bored, even though he said he was having fun but me, I was in heaven. For those of you who know me know that I love jelly bellies. I forgot to use my camera even though I made a huge deal to remember to bring it. Oh well. After the jelly belly factory we met up with Matt's brother, Travis, who was in San Francisco on business for the weekend. We picked him up and the three of us went and saw Zohan. It was...stupid. Sorry Matt and Travis. I hated it and of course, they loved it. It was a total guys movie. So after the movie, we went to this great mexican restaurant in the mall and mostly just ordered and ate appetizers. It was so fun to hang out with Travis and I know it helped Matt to clear his head after a hard week of work. While walking back to our car, we got lost and ended up on some pretty scary streets in downtown San Fran. We walked by so many homeless people and at one point, a hooker. It was so scary. I was gripping Matt's arm so hard. Travis was going to get us a cab until we saw some policemen so he asked them how to get back to the parking garage we were in. Luckily we were only a few blocks away. It's scary how you can go only a few streets over and be on some of the worst streets I've ever seen. As soon as we turned onto the right street, there were so many people around that I felt safe again. We spent the night at Heather and Erik's and went to church on Sunday with them. Matt and Erik picked up Travis and we all had dinner, played guitar hero, and got to relax before heading back to Sacramento for another grueling week. It's been so fun being so close to San Francisco, even though it's not that far away, it feels like a little vacation from everything else that is going on. It was a lot of fun to be able to be around so many of Matt's family at one time. They are all so spread out that I rarely ever get to see them. It's been fun being able to get to know them better.

3 comments:

The Risenmay Family said...

Travis told me he had such a great time with you guys, I wish I could have been there. I also heard you are really good at guitar hero. Travis said I need to step up my game. We miss you guys!
Mindy

The Risenmay Family said...

I finally decided to read your blog. I enjoyed the recap of the weekend. I was really bummed to have to leave you guys. You'll definitely have to come out to Portland after the summer is over so we can hang out, find another nice restaurant, and shred on some guitar hero. Until then, remember to keep your hair "silky smooth." ZOHAN RULES!!

Whitney R said...

Hi Matt and Katelyn! I can't believe how many people have blogs and I had no idea. I came across yours and had fun reading. I'm going to add your link to my page, if that's okay. And I can't imagine being on a scary street like that, but, you had two very strong men with you that come from a long line of muscle. haha. I hope you felt safe with that!