With Matt's sister, Lisa, getting married right before
Christmas, we decided that instead of going to Washington for Christmas, we
would stay here since we will be seeing everyone then. So, we made the decision
to take a much needed vacation and head to Washington in October. It was the
perfect trip. The kids were great on the drive down. We stopped and stayed the
night in Boise then finished the trip the next day.
We first went to Angie's
house and let the kids run wild. Angie's house is the perfect place for little
boys. Lots of room to run, dogs, horses, trampoline, etc. They had a blast!
Then we packed up and went to Matt's parents house for the night. The boys also
loved running around in the big backyard and playing with all the toys in the
basement. Elaine made us dinner then we put the kids to bed and enjoyed some
ice cream and some HGTV while Matt went through some of his mission boxes. We
went to church the next day, which was a disaster(the kids were terrible!),
then we came home and napped the kids and enjoyed some quiet time and a movie.
We then packed up and went to Angie's house for the next few days. Matt and I
were able to sneak away for a few days alone to Seattle (another post coming!)
and got back on Thursday afternoon. We took the kids back to Othello and spent
the night there. Matt's parents live right across the street from a park so we
took the boys there while we waited for Brad and Elaine to get home from work.
They loved running around and it is so nice that Gavin is old enough to finally
go down all the slides and play on the play set. We went home and had dinner
then put the kids to bed and enjoyed some down time. The next day we took the
kids to the dairy to see all of the cows. They LOVED it! It was cold so we
didn't stay long but they loved seeing all the tractors, trucks, and cows. When
we got back, we packed up and went back to Angie's house. We got a babysitter
for the night and were able to go to one of Derek's high school football games.
I haven't been to a high school football game since high school and it was so
much fun. The next day was Brady's 3rd birthday. I can't believe he is 3! We
had a great day (separate post coming!) then got a babysitter again for that
night and went out to dinner with John and Angie. We were going to go see a
movie but I wasn't feeling well and there weren't any great movies out so we
decided to redbox and go home. That night I was up sick all night long. It was
awful! We got ready to leave the next day and I was so sick I had to take
Dramamine. What a long day that was! The kids were great though and I was so
thankful for that. We were sad to come home. We had such a great trip and it
was very relaxing and exactly what we needed.
p.s. Brady has a new obsession with glasses in case you were wondering why he is wearing them in a few pictures. I think he looks pretty cute in them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment