March 28, 2012

A day in the Life: Part 1, The Morning

Sometimes I feel like my life is so busy. I like to document a lot of things that might seem boring to most people but it is so much fun for me to look back on. I documented a regular day in the life of us when Brady was little and I want to do it again so I can remember what life was like with two little ones to take care of. I think I'm busy now, who knows how busy I'll be in 5 years or more.

Most days, the kids get up around 7. Brady is always first. I can hear him in his room playing, knocking on the door, and calling for me so he can get out and play. Unless he is crying, we usually just let him stay in his room a little while.  Since Gavin sleeps in our room (hate it but no other choice since Brady can't get over how fun it is to climb into Gavin's crib) I get up when he does.  I bring both boys out and put on Mickey Mouse and let them play with toys. 
With them occupied, I run around making beds, picking up stray toys, and setting everyone's clothes out for the day. 
When that's all done, I round everyone up and we head upstairs for breakfast. I usually have pancakes or waffles on hand but since it's Monday, it's time for a fresh batch. I usually have to give the boys something to hold them over while I make breakfast so today, cheerios did the trick. I make up both plates and take them to their respective owners. Gavin will chow down almost 2 pancakes and Brady usually eats 2-2 1/2. My boys love food, especially breakfast foods. 
Once they are calm, I work on my breakfast. Egg whites, turkey bacon, peppers, and black beans. Matt and I are on a no-carb diet so this is what we have most mornings. It is yummy.  I drink water with lemon oil from Doterra all day long so breakfast gets me started. I try to read my scriptures on the ipad while everyone is eating. It's too hard for me to remember to do it at night and this is really the only time I have to sit down and read without being interrupted.
Once we are done, I clean up, do the dishes, empty the dishwasher (if needed), and get the kids back downstairs to finish getting ready for the day. We usually do baths at night but lately I have been doing them in the mornings and I kind of like that they smell good and look fresh. The boys love bath time. I get them lotioned up and dressed then I quickly hop in the shower before Gavin's nap. Gavin goes down for his nap around 9-9:30 (if he'll take one. he's being picky lately) so I put him down and finish getting ready.
That's our earlier part of the morning. It was hard to remember to take pictures all morning long so I'll break it up and do sections at a time. 
p.s. If you are wondering where Matt is in all of this...he's usually busily running around getting ready to leave for work. He has a 40 minute commute so he leaves pretty early most days.

No comments: