January 12, 2012

Brady

Since I don't do regular monthly updates on Brady anymore he is rarely seen on this blog. 
So here is a little tribute to Brady. He is just over 2 years old or 27 months.
- Brady is almost always laughing and smiling. He is a very happy little boy.
- He sleeps great. Usually anywhere from 7-8 to 7-8, depending on his nap.
- Speaking of naps, He's decided that he's only ok with one every now and then. Ugh, I love naptime. I need naptime...what am I going to do if he doesn't nap?
- Also speaking of naps, we took his binky away from him just 4 days ago. We had a babysitter on Friday night and I told her where his binky was for bed. When we got back, his binky was sitting on the floor and both kids were fast asleep and slept all night. She told me that he didn't want it so we decided to capitalize on that and take it away all together. Let's just say, I really miss that binky when it comes to naptime. He goes to bed just fine without it but cries and cries for it at naptime. I hope this doesn't mean naps are gone altogether since he was already struggling before we took the binky away.
- He can count to 13. He counts everything. I love it. One, two, tree, bore, by, si, sen, ate, nigh, te, len, delv, teen!
- His speech has improved so much! He talks all the time now and is really catching up. Some of my favorite things he says "I want dis" and he'll hand me a fruit snack or something he needs opened, "wuff oo" love you, "ooh ooh ah ah" when you ask him what a monkey says, "biper, stinky, poo poo" basically, he's telling me he pooped in his diaper and he stinks...you'd think he was ready for potty training...yeah right, He asks "was dis" all the time now , and "BABY!" whenever he sees Gavin.
- I love that he calls me Mommy. I just love the way it sounds. Sometimes I'm mama too but I think I like mommy even better right now.
- He loves anything that opens and closes, he likes to hide things.
- He loves books. We try to read to him every night because he loves books so much. I also think that has helped improve his speech. He is getting really good at pointing to things in books and identifying objects.
- He loves music. He knows a lot of the words to "I am a Child of God", The clean up song, "Popcorn Popping", and The birthday song.
- He loves other kids, especially his cousins, Aubrie and Parker. They were all born within 6 weeks of each other.
- He loves to name everyone. When we are sitting around the table for dinner he will go around and point to each person and say who they are. It's so cute and I am just so happy with all the progress he has made so we actually have started to encourage it. We will ask him over and over where certain people are and he usually gets it right. "dampa", "dama", "daddy", "mommy", "baby", and if they are there for dinner "seesy" (kasey) and "sesie" (kenzie)

- This kid loves Mickey Mouse. He would watch it all day if I would let him. He knows parts of the song and can name all the characters.
- Loves his truck blanket. He calls it his "bank-e." Thank goodness for this blanket or else I think the binky thing would be a lot harder on him.
 

Brady makes us laugh all day long. He is such a fun little boy and has a great sense of humor and an awesome personality. Sure, he can throw some major tantrums, sometimes really really major tantrums, but we still think he is adorable and love him to pieces.

No comments: