December 15, 2011

7 Months

I say this every month but seriously, 7 months!? This one is hard to wrap my head around because now he is getting so close to being 1 and I am not ready for that to happen just yet. Do you ever feel like it's hard that they grow up so fast because pretty soon it will be time for another baby and right now, I am so not ready for that? Maybe it's just me. Anyway, Gavin is still such a great baby. He went to the Dr. yesterday because he has thrush again so I know how much he weighs.

Stats:
Weight: 17 1/2 lbs. 


He's so little! Brady weighed 21 lbs. at 6 months so Gav is teeny tiny to me...but still healthy and growing. He is at such a fun age. I love 6-12 month olds. I think it's when they change the very most. 

Some things about Gavin:
- LOVES his brother. He thinks Brady is the funniest person ever.
- Loves to suck on his lips and blow bubbles. It's the cutest thing ever!
- Loves his jumper/excersaucer...obviously...there are a lot of pictures of him in it. It helps me out a lot too.
- Still loves his binkie and is becoming attached to his frog blanket.

- He's a mama's boy but he'll let anyone hold him for at least a minute, especially if I am not around :)
- Loves puff snacks, mums, juice, etc. Still working on liking more baby food but right now he loves Sweet potatoes (mixed with a fruit of course. He struggles with vegetables so I just mix a little bit and he'll eat them just fine.), bananas, apples, pears, and carrots. We are starting peas tonight so we'll see. Brady wouldn't ever eat the green baby foods.
- LOVES his daddy. He always wants Matt to hold him when he's around.
- Taking 2 naps that last anywhere from 1-3 hours. Usually it's a 1-2 hour morning nap and a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. Ahhh....it's so nice. Brady and Gav take their afternoon nap at the same time too. It's been really great for me to have a break for a couple hours each day.
- Wearing 6-9/6-12 month clothing. 
- Size 3 diaper
- Sleeps 7:30-7:30 when he's not sick
- TEETHING! He should be popping through some teeth pretty soon since his gums are super swollen. Brady is getting his 2 year molars so there's been a lot of crankiness at our house.
- Loves to be outside
- Loves to ride in the car and look out the window
- Doesn't care too much for shopping. He's ok with it for a little bit then when he's done, he is done. It gets a little embarrassing since he just sits there and screams. A lot of times, I end up holding him while we walk around. Oh well...
- Still has dimples. I LOVE them!
- Loves to laugh and play
- Can sit up on his own now. It's so nice. 
- Takes 4-5 bottles a day... I'm trying to work it down to just 4.
- Has not had an ear infection since his tubes. YAY!
- Has thrush for the second time. Yuck...it is so gross. I don't even know how he keeps getting it.
We love our little Gavinator. He is such a little charmer and we can't get enough of him.

No comments: