October 24, 2011

2 Years Old

It is crazy to think that I have a 2 year old! Brady is such a fun little boy. He is almost always happy and has the best sense of humor. He loves to laugh and make others laugh. He has grown and changed so much over this past year.
Unfortunately, Brady had an ear infection on his birthday. He had been running a fever the day before and I noticed his left eye was swollen (his left ear tube has been gone for quite a while) so I took him to the Dr, knowing full well that he had an ear infection. It's sad how easily I can spot them now. He was ornery, tired, and just not feeling well on his birthday. It was so sad but the next day, he enjoyed all of his gifts. Thanks to everyone for coming to his party. It was a lot of fun!



Brady's Stats:
Height: 35.8 in. (88%tile)
Weight: 30 1/2 lbs. (81%tile)
Head: 19.8 in. (88%tile)

He has always been an above average big kid.
Showing us his "muscles" I LOVE his face when he does this. Hilarious.


Some things about Brady:
- Still LOVES to be outside. He loves to go on walks, jump on the trampoline, swing, ride the scooters at Grandmas, and just be outside in general. He just wants to run around.
- Still taking 1, 3 hour nap daily. It is so nice.

- Sleeping in a real bed and did great with the transition from his crib.
- Still LOVES his truck blanket and his binky. I know, I know, but I just can't seem to give up the binky, especially now that the boys are sharing a room. We'll get there soon.
- Loves other kids. He loves to play with friends and cousins.
- Loves to play with toys.
- Brady loves stacking things. He loves blocks, cups, jars, etc. anything he can stack.
- Loves his daddy but he is still a major mama's boy. If I take Gavin out during church, Brady freaks out until he gets to come too. Yeah...it has been a little embarrassing at times but, what can you do.
- Still really good about riding in the car. He likes looking out the window.
Playing on the ipad with "nama"
- Talking a lot more. He still struggles with his speech and was just evaluated by Kids on the Move. They are going to start coming out and helping him. He's not too delayed but enough that he needs a little boost. At first, I struggled with that, but now I just want Brady to have every opportunity possible and if he needs a little help getting there, I am totally ok with that. We have been working on a few new things and he has picked up two new words since last week. I am excited to see the progress he will make over the next 6 months.
- Loves food. He's always asking for more of something, especially cereal. It's "mo ce-yal." love it!
- He's becoming a great helper and can put things in the garbage for me, bring things to me, and put Gavin's binky in his mouth.
We miss going to the Highland splash park!
- He is really starting to love his brother whom he only refers to as "baby". He will get down with Gavin and say "ooow" in a baby talk voice. It is so cute and Gavin just loves him.
- Loves to swim. He loved the Summer and learned to swim with floaties really well. I don't even have to get in the water anymore. I can enjoy just watching him from the side.
Caught playing with the paper dolls :)

Brady is such a fun little boy who is full of personality. He has a great sense of humor and is always making us laugh. We love you, Brady bug!

No comments: