Gavin is one whole month old today. I thought time went so fast when Brady was little but I think it goes a lot faster when you have more than one kid. I am so busy with feedings, diaper changes, naps, cleaning the house, laundry, etc. that the time is just passing so quickly. Before I know it, Gavin will be all grown up like Brady. I am trying to savor this time. Newborns are just so sweet.
Some things about "The Gavinator:"
- Loves to be snuggled
- Sleeps pretty good. He goes down at 10, wakes up at 2, eats, goes right back to sleep, wakes up at 6, eats, and goes back down until about 7:30. Hopefully with his new schedule (babywise), we'll be getting some longer stretches soon.
- Wearing size 2 diapers. They are a little bit big but size 1 is too small.
- Weighs around 10 1/2 lbs. if my scale is right
- Loves his swing
- Loves the mobile in his crib. He just stares at it all the time.
- Liking baths more and more each time we give him one
- Working on smiling. He gets pretty close to doing it sometimes but we haven't quite got it yet.
Gavin is a very mellow baby, just like Brady was. He is content as long as he is full, dry, and not too tired. We sure love having him in our family. Brady is liking him a lot more than he did and it's been fun to see him become more interested in what is going on with the baby. He likes to sit by me when I am feeding him and he'll climb up on the rocking chair next to the changing table to "help" change Gavin's diaper.
Two kids is a big adjustment but I think we are getting the hang of things.


3 comments:
Katelyn, he is so precious!! You're boys are so cute, I love that pic of them sitting together! I'm glad things are going well :)
Wow I can already tell it is going to be a lot of work! I'm nervous to be on my own after this week is over. I'm glad to hear after a month you are starting to get the hang of things though. You're such a great mom Katelyn!
p.s. I looove the pictures of them below! They do look so much alike in them! I just might need to look through and do that with my pictures too :)
So precious. They do look a lot alike. I am so happy that you got a (another) good baby. Only gets up once during the night?! You are one lucky mama! Love you.
Post a Comment