October 28, 2010

Questions Answered

Some people have asked me some questions about my being pregnant again so soon. 
Here are the answers:


1. Was this planned?
Yes, actually it was. I always wanted my first 2 kids to be close in age and it just felt like the right time.

2. Have you been sick?
Yes. Not nearly as sick as I was with Brady but zofran is a wonderful thing. It's nice that my morning sickness is already starting to ease. I was sick for 29 weeks with Brady so I will take whatever I can get. So far, I've only thrown up once which is a million times better than last time.

3. Overall, how have you been feeling?
I feel ok most days. I think the hardest thing is that I am extremely tired because I have to take care of a crazy 1 year old all day. I go to bed around 9 these days :)

4. How is Matt feeling?
Matt is so excited for round two. He and I really talked a lot about this and it was definitely a joint decision to try for another.

5. Was it as easy to get pregnant this time?
No. With Brady is was basically first try and that was it. This one, we've been trying since end of May/first of June so it took a little longer but not much. The timing is perfect though and we are grateful for that.

6. Do you want a boy or girl?
Honestly, I would love to have another boy since they will be so close in age but what girl doesn't want a daughter of her own. We will be happy either way. We just hope for a healthy baby.
But, Matt is positive that it is another boy :)

7. Are you going to have all of your kids close in age?
Yes, we want all of our kids to be no more than 2 1/2 years apart. The first two was different but I'm not even thinking about #3 yet. I do want to just get them all here so I can enjoy raising them while I'm still young.

8. Will you be induced again?
Yes! My doctors are pretty insistent that I get induced since Brady was a monster (8 lbs. 15 oz.) and had a little trouble coming out(forceps). I will for sure be induced a week before my actual due date(probably May 14, 2011). It's going to be nice to have it all scheduled and planned out unless this baby decides to come early...which I highly doubt with my track record. I was only dilated to a 3 a week after my due date with Brady.

9. How did you find out?
It was September 11 and we had just attended my nephews 1st birthday party. I was telling my mom how I was feeling funny lately. We went to Target to shop for Brady's birthday and my mom and sisters convinced me to purchase and take a pregnancy test right there in the Target restroom. I was sure it would be negative because I wasn't technically "late" yet but there it was, that beautiful blue plus sign. I was so excited and nervous. When I came out, I started to cry so that made my mom and sisters start to cry. It was just a huge blubber fest in Target. I'm sure people thought we were crazy. So, if you are wondering, Matt was not with me at Target so I had to make it special for him too.  I put the test at the bottom of my Target bag and came home. I told him to come see what we had gotten Brady for his birthday and he started to go through the bag. He got to the end and I said I think you forgot something and he found the test. We are both really excited, a little nervous and still in shock, but thrilled that Brady will have a sibling so close to his age.

All in all we are very excited and hope the times goes quickly so we can meet our new little addition:)

Sorry this is from my phone so it is horrible quality but there is our little "bean"




3 comments:

Cassi Wood said...

Ahh, thanks for the info! I took my pregnancy test at Target too! I was late, but it still said negative. It wasn't till a week later that I was positive. It was weird taking one of those at Target though! I had to because we were with Kelly's family for Thanksgiving and we didnt want them to find out...long story, but thought it was cool that we did the same thing!! That's really sweet about crying with your mom and sisters.

Staci said...

I'm so excited for you! You should have your baby on the 11th, I hear the coolest people are born that day. :) I'm glad you've been feeling better during this pregnancy - tell that little thing to keep it up!

Ryanne said...

wow congrats! Thats so exciting! Hope you do better this time around, 29 weeks is a long time to be sick! I'm sure Brady will have a blast playing big brother! By the way, I see we go to the same OB group. Who delivered Brady? I love that group. I work with them all, and I would say by far they are the best!!